Salsa music is a type of music that was born in Cuba. These days salsa music has spread to many parts of the Caribbean, meaning that not only is it listened and danced as a favourite dance of the surrounding countries, there are songs composed from musicians from these surrounding countries, that are popular and form an important part of modern day salsa.
Some countries that share in their love of salsa are Puerto Rico, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia- Calí an important salsa city, and Domican Republic to name a few.
When I first took notice of salsa I entered a club in Spain playing the music. It sounded so uplifting I drew myself closer to the dance floor to watch the salsa savvy people do what they loved. It was amazing to watch, and when I was encouraged to join in I found it was very hard to dance to.
It has a reasonably simple step to follow in theory, but try to accomplish it without treading on your partners feet, and making your hips swing with the rythym.
These are our Salsa music favourite songs
1. Cuando hablan las miradas- Orquestra Guayacan
2. Pedro Navaja- Ruben Blades
3. La vida es un carnaval- Celia Cruz
4. Brujeria- El Gran Combo
5. Acuyue- La Sonora Carrusles
6. Cali de Rumba- Fruko y Sus Tesos
7. Ay Amor- Cuco Valoy
8. Frutos de Carnaval- Cuco Valoy
9. Del Puente Pa’ Allá- Grupo Galé y Luisito Carrión
10. Guantamera- various artists
11. La Negra No Quiere- Grupo Niche
12. No Le Pegue a la Negra- Joe Arroyo
13. Un Monton de Estrellas- Gilberto Santa Rosa
14. Micaela- La Sonora Carruseles
15. La Muerte- Gran Combo de Puerto Rico
16. La Casa de Frenando- Billos Caracas Boys
17. El Dia de Mi Suerte- Hector Lavoe
18. Lloraràs- Oscar de Leon