If you believe Germany is a place where everything is in order, then you would be correct. But when it comes to partying then Germany is one of the best places in Europe to do it. Besides they really know how to do it. And when it comes to order, forget that. Letting your hair down and having a good time doesn’t allow for any order. There are many cities which have some really cool or interesting themes or places to hang out which just add to the experience.
Germany didn’t receive the runner up as the party country of Europe for no reason.
So we send out our intrepid explorer Hans Schnurrbart, who is quite partial to a party.
1 Berlin– we don’t put this on the top of our list for no reason at all. The largest city in Germany, is home to German electronica scene and has for many years drawn many an offbeat intellectual into it’s city to spend many years discovering what the city has to offer them. Former home of the Love Parade, an electronica festival where more than 1 million people would crowd the city, for free electronica all around the city. It has many greats places to hang out.
2. Hamburg– Germany’s 2nd largest city, and home of the ReeperBahn, otherwise known as Kiets. The street has been cleaned up, but the party stills continues. It’s not common in Germany to be able to bar hop in one place but here you can very easily and there are many bars to choose from.
3. Leipzig– People say that Leipzig has the feel of the old Berlin, and it has many great places to have a good time. The best places to party are the Drallewatsch district
4. Freiburg– a small city with a large university population, and the largest amount of bars for its size in Germany. Freiburg’s bars are walking distance from each other and the city has a very relaxed feel to it.
5. Munich– the city has a large university population and with that goes lots of partying. Also being one of the largest cities in Germany there are many bars. Munich is probably the wealthiest city in Germany and you might find in some bars locals that are not so easy to approach
6. Düsseldorf– the fashion capital of Germany is also another of Germany’s best places to party. Head to the Altstadt-oldtown area near the river and choose a place to party
7. Heidelberg– another city with a large university population, it has a great party culture, but if you spend all your time partying you won’t get to see much of what is considered to be one of Germany’s most beautiful cities. Again the oldtown-Altstadt is a great place to start looking for bars
8. Stuttgart– another big city in the south, and the home of Mercedes Benz, Stuttgart holds the 2nd biggest beerfest the Canstatter Volksfest. Head to Theodor-Heuss-Straße for a few of the local nightclubs
9. Nuremburg– another Bavarian city like Munich, it has the highest amount of clubs in Germany
Of course there are many, many cities in Germany, and in them many cool places to have a good time. If you have some insider information feel free to share it with us. Now that you have the best places to party in Germany time to brush up on your German Slang and meet some of the locals.
Wir sehen uns- We’ll see you again.