What is it about your country that makes you so proud? No matter where a person comes from they feel a pride for their place of origin. If you look into your own feelings about your home piece of rock, you’ll be the same.
The proof of your pride of place, is how than those people stand to live in that desert, or in that place full of crime, that over-industrialised city, or that cold place. Without words, the most telling sign is that those people aren’t banging down the doors of other countries in numbers greater than what they are and seeking to live on your lovely place of rock. Because they too are just as attached to their place, and feel as much pride for it.
And when they do change their country or place of residence, they bring with them their customs that they grew up with, usually a mix with their own, eat their own food no matter how un-appetising it may seem to others.
People are comfortable, with what they have already learned, and to make them relearn everything is quite a challenging proposition. Things such as what they played when they were young, the food their mothers cooked them, what food they found in the street, the beauty of the place they lived, the beliefs of the country, and how the fellow countrymen acted, they carry with them, as a means of instinct and how to do things.
Ognuno ama il suo proprio paese
1) Humanity, as a survival trait, attaches great importance to self-survival
2) As such, individual humans create an emotional attachment to their own community
3) If someone has an emotional attachment to something, they will strive to ensure it’s success
4) A successful society is a society that survives
5) As such, it is perfectly logical for one to be proud of one’s own country
6) Since pride is an emotional vested interest that will cause onself to work harder towards the success of one’s own country
7) Ergo, you are actually the weirdo for not feeling pride